2018 SaskAm Photo Competition Rules:
- This competition is open to amateur photographers who are Saskatchewan residents. An amateur photographer is someone making less than 50% of their income from the sales of photographic services.
- All entries must be the work of the entrant including any photo editing.
- All entries must be suitable for public viewing. Entries deemed unsuitable for public viewing by the SaskAm committee will not be judged or displayed.
- Images that won awards at any previous SaskAm Photo Competition are ineligible. An image can only be entered in one category.
- Each entry will only be judged in the category in which it was entered.
- A minimal amount of post processing is allowed in all categories.
- The 2018 Categories are:
• Scapes (Land, Sea & City): Images may contain people if they are not the main subject of the image.
• Animals & Birds: Any domestic or wild animals or birds which can include pets.
• Macro/Close-Up: Any close-up or macro image. The closer the better. This is an open category for subject matter.
• Plant/Flowers: Vegetation & flowers
• Portrait: Created scenarios in which posing. Lighting and wardrobe are deliberate. Can be 1 or more persons.
• Monochrome/Black & White
• Open: Images that don’t fit other categories.
• Youth (18 and under) may enter a maximum of 2 photos in the “Youth” category free of charge. Images submitted to the Youth category may be of any subject and are judged amongst themselves. Youth may participate in any non-”Youth” category on the same basis as other entrants (including providing an entry fee for each non-”Youth” category entry).
- Only digital entries are accepted for the SaskAm Photo Competition. Photographs must be in jpg format and resized to 1400 pixels on the long side. (Maximum file size is 2 MB or less)
- All image files are to be named in the following format “Name of photographer_title of image_category”. Entries with any identifying marks on the front will not be accepted (IE. No watermarks).
- For example: John Doe is the photographer, Sunset is the title of the picture, and landscape is the category being entered. The file should be renamed “JohnDoe_Sunset_Landscapes.jpg”
- A full size digital copy of the winners will need to be given to be printed and on display (display spaced are yet to be determined)
- Refer to the entry form for entry deadlines.
- Judging and Display - The decisions of the judges and the SaskAm committee are final.
- The rights of all entries remain with the photographer. Entrants agree that the SaskAm Photo Competition and its affiliates may use any image entered for promotional materials with a photo credit awarded to the photographer.